Key Concepts in Anti-discriminatory Social Work
Category: Self Help
Author: Toyin Okitikpi, Cathy Aymer
Download file format: Pdf
This Key Concepts clearly and concisely explains the basic ideas in the field of anti-discriminatory social work. It:
- explores the range of discriminations that people experience and discusses a number of theories that inform anti-discriminatory practice;
- considers the legal frameworks within which anti-discriminatory practice operates;
- analyzes the skills and knowledge required to practice effectively;
- highlights the dynamic nature of anti-discriminatory practice and points the way towards a new practice dimension.
- provides an essential reference guide for all social work students and practitioners, as well as those taking courses in teacher training, youth and community, nursing, mid-wifery and mental health studies for whom anti-discriminatory practice is an important element in their study.